Blue Bear are seeking a junior or senior software engineer to support a mixture of both R&D activities, product development and IT support & improvement activities within a leading autonomy and unmanned systems company. Blue Bear continuously innovate within core areas such as UAV autopilots, mission systems, ground control stations, and all supporting systems and infrastructure.
Suitable candidates are expected to have a degree in software engineering or a technical field (such as maths or physics), at least 3 years’ software development and IT systems implementation experience. You will be keen to get involved in all development areas, and have a good track history / proven track record in both problem solving and quality software development.
You are comfortable working within a team and in a multidisciplinary environment and have good communication skills. Systems engineering experience and a background in avionics are desirable but not essential – technical competency in high level languages, a can-do attitude and a genuine passion for innovative technology are far more important.
- Primarily, your role will be to design, develop and test software systems to support both experimental activities and product development.
- You will be responsible for delivery, reporting and presentation of technical work and writing and submitting any necessary documentation.
- Continuous improvement and maintenance of IT systems to support business and software development.
- General tasks related to business delivery (e.g. contributions to experimental procedures).
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company.
- Full lifecycle development
- C++, Java, GUI
- Linux and Windows development
- Multi-threading experience
- IT Systems maintenance
- Real time robotics development
- Embedded software
- Database maintenance
- Unit and Hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Configuration management
- Agile methods (Scrum or similar)
- Avionics background
How to apply:
Please send your CV, together with details of your current & anticipated remuneration package and your answers to the questions below to Olwen.Rees@bbsr.co.uk. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Provide details of your C++ experience over the last 5 years, providing details of libraries and standards used. If you are using the later standards of C++ please provide details as to what features of the newer standards you have found useful.
- Provide details of your Java experience over the last 5 years, providing details of libraries and standards used.
- Provide details of your GUI development experience, what you found was important from a UX point of view, and from an architectural point of view.
- Provide details of multi-threading experience, the use of concurrency and why and when you used multi-threading and multi-process techniques in projects. Please provide details of the libraries used.
- Please provide details of your individual day to day role in your current or most recent employment. This should include details of what you contributed within teams, rather than what the team achieved.
- What aspects of the software development job role at Blue Bear interest you?