Embention has released its latest development including highly innovative technology, the Tethered Station NM& TS150. This station permits the anchorage of an UAV to a ground station by using a cable.
This cable provides to the UAV with power, and stablishes full duplex communications between the control station and the drone for data, telemetry and video transfer, thus permitting to perform long duration flights.
NM& TS150 Tethered Station includes a wide variety of advantages compared to conventional UAVs. Including the increase in safety on the operations thanks to the reduction of the UAV flight range, controlled by the tether anchorage. This permits the justification to the civil aviation authorities for proving the high safety of this system.
INCREASED SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE
Main advantage of the NM& TS150 Tethered Station, a part of the increased safety justifiable among Civil Aviation Authorities, is the extended flight time. Being able to fly permanently thanks to the ultra-light cable connected to a continuous and unlimited power supply. This and other benefits are detailed below.
- Reaches 150m height (500 feet).
- Secure communications through the ultra-thin cable.
- Transmission of video and data in a bidirectional channel.
- UPS backup battery for emergency landings.
- WIFI connection for system monitoring & control.
- Compatible with most multirotor systems.
NM& TS150 TETHERED STATION APPLICATIONS
The elimination of standard on-board batteries increases the payload capacity and enables the UAV to carry out all kinds of activities:
- Surveillance with real-time video transmission.
- Data Link Repeater as a long range communications station.
- Use as a tactical lighting system.
- Risk detection and avoidance of ambushes as Sky-Eye Convoy.
- Monitoring and correction in the use of artillery.
- Traffic control.
Source: Press Release