Unmanned A-12 “Hurricane” is very different in size from the rest of UAVs with a vertical take-off. Such aircrafts are in demand in urban areas. Flight tests have been conducted since 2005. For greater speed and maneuverability on “Hurricane”,gasoline engine (power -.. 7 hp) was set, which can make an 18 kg unit fly. UAV may operate at a distance of 20 km, and its flight time is one hour.
UAV A-12 “Hurricane” can be used for many purposes. In particular:
- To carry out anti-terrorist operations by special units of Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs in complicated conditions at cities, forests or mountains.
- For environmental monitoring.
- Searching objects at a given location.
- To patrol the oil and gas pipelines, important protected objects.
- In the process of exploration areas of major accidents and disasters.
- For the security measures on the territory of the state border.
- As an additional technical support to monitor the protected objects.
- For other military purposes.
Fan of A-12 “Hurricane”, which raises the unit into the air is built in the structure. This feature provides additional protection under hard flight conditions in the city. Only the experienced operator can pilot the aircraft. Landing is carried out with the help of the built-in parachute.
Onboard Equipment UAV A-12 “Hurricane” consists of:
- Two cameras.
- Control equipment and digital radio receiver.
- Transmitter with noise-like signal.
- Control systems of UAV based on the processor module CP-686E.
- Satellite navigation systems, developed on the basis of GPS-35.
In the “Hurricane”drone satellite navigation system is used, thanks to which the video signal is transmitted to the screen of the operator in real-time.
A-12 Hurricane. Characteristics:
|Diameter of fan, m||0.38|
|engine’s type||1 DB|
|Power, hp||1 x 7|
|Radius of action, km||20|
|The flight duration, min||60|