The BirdEye 650D is an advanced, affordable, long endurance mini UAS. An enhanced version of the BirdEye 650, the BirdEye 650D provides real time stabilized day/night imagery data for urban operation and over-the-hill intelligence. The BirdEye 650D UAS comprises 3 aircraft in a system, installed on one ground vehicle. It can be operated by a team of 3 persons in permanent or portable terminals.
The BirdEye 650D’s features include:
- Fully automated with autonomous flight capability.
- Very low visual and noise signature.
- A unique fail-safe recovery concept for keeping the payload (flip-over with airbag and parachute).
- Multiple payload capabilities
The BirdEye 650D UAS is used for the following missions:
- Reconnaissance (ISTAR)
- Urban operation
- Patrol and convoy escort
- Radio relay
- Law enforcement
- Stabilized day/night electro-optical payloads:
- TAMAM: Minipop
- TAMAM: Micropop
- Controp: T-Stamp
- Undisclosed Electronic payloads
Launch & Recovery
- Automatic Takeoff and Landing (ATOL)
- Launcher for take-off and flip-over with airbag and parachute for landing
- Direct Line-of-Sight (LOS) data link
- Endurance: > 15 hrs
- Range: > 150 km
- Ceiling: 15,000 ft
- Loiter Speed: 40 ktas
- Max. Speed: 80 ktas
- Max Take-off weight: 30 kg
- Max Payload weight for full endurance: 5.5 kg
- Wingspan: 4 m
Powerplant: Gasoline fuel engine